Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby! Inc.
Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Tasteful *For Gluten Free option see end note
I was asked to make these for a party in my son’s class. He came off the bus so excited saying how much everyone loved the cookies! I loved how each cookie went from 8 g of fat to 2.6 when I eliminated the dairy and egg ingredients. I have made these cookies gluten free for my niece and they are unbelievable. You really cannot tell the difference.
- • 2 sticks of dairy free margarine
- • ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- • ¾ cup of brown sugar
- • 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- • 2 tbsp of white distilled vinegar
- • 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- • 2 tsp baking soda
- • ½ tsp salt
- • 1 cup of semi-sweet allergy free chocolate chips
- • Substitute 2 ¼ cups of Gluten Free all-purpose flour + ½ tsp xantham gum for 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- (Tested with Bobs Mill Gluten free all purpose flour)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream margarine and sugars.
- Add the vinegar and vanilla to the margarine and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, gently mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the margarine mixture.
- Do not over mix.
- Just mix until soft dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 1 minute and remove to cooling rack.