Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!
Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free
*For Gluten Free option see end note
These pancakes remind me of the fall. They are slightly sweeter than a regular pancake with a hint of pumpkin pie flavor. My husband hates pumpkin pie so he was very hesitant to try these pancakes, but once he did he couldn’t stop eating them.
- • 1 ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • ½ tsp baking soda
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • ¼ cup granulated sugar
- • 2 tbsp white vinegar
- • 1 ¼ cup of dairy free plain milk
- • 3 tbsp easy pumpkin pie mix (canned pumpkin with the spices in it)
- • 4 tbsp dairy free margarine, melted
- Gluten Free Option
- • Substitute 1 ¼ cup of all-purpose flour for 1 ¼ cup of gluten free all-purpose flour + ½ tsp of Xantham Gum
- Preheat the skillet to 375 degrees.
- Mix dairy free plain milk with white vinegar and set aside (this is a buttermilk substitute).
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & sugar.
- Add pumpkin pie mix & margarine to the DF milk and vinegar substitute.
- Whisk all ingredients together until the batter is smooth.
- Grease skillet with margarine or cooking spray.
- Pour pancake batter and wait until it begins to bubble and the edges get dry before flipping.
- Turn and cook until golden brown.