Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
This is a recipe that I altered from my great grandmother. Hers wasn’t allergy free but mine is. It tastes exactly the same with a lot less calories.
Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, Gluten Free and Tasteful
- • 1 loaf of your favorite gluten free bread
- • garlic powder
- • Italian seasoning
- • 1 lb of lean ground beef
- • ¼ cup of olive oil + 2 tsp
- • 1 clove of garlic
- • 1 tsp of oregano
- • ¾ tsp Adobo all purpose seasoning
- • ½ cup of chicken broth
- • 1 tbsp sofrito (optional, adds more flavor)
- • ½ onion minced
- Preheat over to 350.
- On a large cookie sheet, lay out all of the bread.
- Brush each slice with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each piece with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bread is toasted and golden.
- Let bread cool to touch and cut into cubes.
- In a frying pan, brown the ground beef.
- In the frying pan over medium heat, add 2 tsp olive oil, garlic clove and onion.
- Sauté then add browned beef, oregano, adobo, and sofrito.
- Add bread cubes and chicken broth.
- Mix until the bread has absorbed all of the chicken broth.
- Cover and place back in the oven and bake for 30 min, or place inside the turkey and let cook until the turkey is done.