This egg free, dairy free cake is just as delicious when made gluten free. You cannot tell the difference. Many egg free cakes tend to crumble or not rise as well, but this cake is hardy and can withstand cake carving and fondant. This cake recipe is definitely a keeper.
- • 3 cups of all purpose flour
- • 2 cup of granulated sugar
- • 1 cup of cocoa powder
- • 2 tsp baking soda
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 2 tbsp vinegar (white or cider)
- • 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- • 1 cup of DF milk
- • 1 cup of warm coffee
- • Substitute 3 cups of Gluten Free all-purpose flour + 1 ½ tsp xanthum gum for 3 cups of all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt). Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients (vanilla, vinegar, applesauce, and warm
- water) and whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until all of the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Frost with your favorite allergy free frosting.
- If making cupcakes bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- 9 inch cake pan bake for 30 minutes.