Chocolate Chip Pound
This pound cake is perfect for dessert or breakfast. Completely allergy free and you would never know the difference.
- • 1 cup DF margarine,
- • 2 cups sugar
- • ½ cup applesauce
- • 4 tsp baking powder
- • 2 tbsp vinegar
- • 3 tsp baking soda
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- • 4 cups all-purpose flour
- • 2 cups (16 ounces) dairy free yogurt (coconut yogurt was tested in this recipe)
- • 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- • Substitute 4 cups of Gluten Free all-purpose flour + 2 tsp xanthum gum for 4 cups of all purpose flour
Gluten Free Option
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add applesauce, vinegar , DF yogurt and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.