Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby! Inc.
Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Tasteful *For Gluten Free option see end note
I have to say that vanilla cake is the hardest to make allergy free. It tends to pick up the taste of the allergy substitutions. It took a lot of tries but I finally got it. This is the perfect cake for kids birthday parties. It’s a light and versatile cake. Add your favorite frosting!
- • 3 cups of all purpose flour
- • 4 tsp baking powder
- • 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- • 1 cup dairy free margarine
- • ½ tsp salt
- • ½ cup applesauce
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1 ¼ cup of dairy free milk
- • Substitute 3 cups of Gluten Free all-purpose flour +1 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum for 3 cups of all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9-inch round pans
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and DF margarine
- Add vanilla, DF milk, & applesauce
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder, & salt
- Add flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix just until combine.
- Pour the batter into the two pans
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes