Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Tasteful *For Gluten Free option see end note
This is a great way to sneak in the veggies. I have put icing on these and used them as healthy cupcakes.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 small shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup DF milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 salt
- 1 stick DF margarine melted
- • Substitute 2 cups of Gluten Free All Purpose Flour and 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum for 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with 24 muffin cups.
- Shred the zucchini and carrots in a food processor.
- In a medium bowl add all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves)
- Once mixed add the rest of the ingredients (zucchini, carrots, vanilla, applesauce, DF margarine, and DF milk).
- Mix just until moist.
- Pour into muffin pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before eating.