Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, and Nut Free
This is my moms favorite steak. Any time I cook for her, this is what she wants. It’s really simple and perfect for company because you prepare it ahead of time. I have made it on the outdoor grill, indoor grill pan, and even on a saute pan. It’s also great with skirt steak. It’s delicious either way.
- • 2 lbs Flank Steak
- • 1/4 cup of olive oil
- • 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- • 2 tbsp of honey/ or agave nectar
- • 2 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- • 1 clove garlic
- Whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, grill seasoning, and garlic.
- Pour the mixture into a gallon storage bag.
- Add flank steak to the bag.
- Seal bag, removing all the air and move steak around until evenly coated.
- Refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight. (I have even frozen the steak with the seasoning)
- Heat grill to medium/high heat.
- Place the steak on the grill.
- Cook for 8 to 9 minutes on each side or depending how you like you steak.
- Let sit for ten minutes before slicing.
- Slice thinly.