Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby! Inc.
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free & Nut Free
This is a great way to salvage day old bread and over ripened bananas. Its a simple recipe and very comforting. Top with dairy free ice cream or dairy free whipped cream!
- • 4 cups of day old italian or French bread (For Gluten free I have even used udi’s bagels)
- • 1/3 cup Dairy Free Milk + 1/3 cup Dairy Free Milk
- • 1tbsp brown sugar
- • ½ tsp cinnamon
- • ¼ cup applesauce
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • 2 bananas mashed
- • 1 tbsp sugar
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • * optional powdered sugar
- • Substitute 4 cups of Italian bread for 4 cups of your favorite Gluten Free bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8×8-in pan.
- Cut up bread in cubes and place in the pan.
- Combine all ingredients except 1/3 cup of milk.
- Mix well and pour over the bread
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Pour the remaining 1/3 cup of milk over the bread pudding
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.