Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Nut free *For Gluten Free option see end note
Having just gone apple picking, I needed some new ideas of what to do with all these apples. This was a great one. I even turned this muffin into a healthy cupcake by adding frosting and my kids loved it!
- • 2 cups of all purpose flour * For Gluten Free option see end note
- • ½ cup of brown sugar
- • 2 tsp baking powder
- • ½ tsp salt
- • 1 tsp of baking soda
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • ¾ cup apple juice
- • ½ cup applesauce
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1 tbsp vinegar
- • 1 apple finely diced
- • Substitute 2 cups of Gluten Free flour + 1 teaspoon of xanthum gum for 2 cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups
- In a medium bowl add all of the dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt).
- Mix until combined.
- Add applejuice, vanilla, applesauce, and vinegar.
- Add to the mixture and beat until just mixed.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Pour into muffin pans and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.