Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby! Inc.
Gluten, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, & Nut Free
My all time favorite pie is apple pie. When my niece became gluten free the one thing she kept asking for was apple pie. I tried many versions and I finally got it to her liking. The major factor for her was the pie crust. Many of the store bought gluten free pie crust would break so I couldn’t make the top crust. When I finally created my own allergy free pie crust, I tested it with apples inside and she said it was a winner!
- • 6 to 8 apples peeled and cored (about 8 cups)
- • 1 cup granulated sugar
- • 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • ½ tsp nutmeg
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • 1 tbsp dairy free margarine
- • Allergy Free Pie Crust (click link for AFCB’s recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice all the apples.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar, Gluten free flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, & salt. Add apples and stir until apples are coated with mixture.
- Place 1 pie crust into a pie pan.
- Pour apples into the pie crust.
- Break up margarine on top of the pie.
- Cover with the 2nd pie crust making slits in the center to allow the pie to breath and sealing the edges.
- Cover edges with foil.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until juices bubble.
- Let cool before cutting.
- Top with Allergy Free Whipped Cream. (click link for AFCB’s recipe)