Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Nut Freel *For Gluten Free option see end note
An AFCB fan asked me if pumpkin could be substituted for applesauce in my original waffle recipe. So I immediately went out and bought pumpkin to try it. I wanted it to be kid friendly so I opted for cinnamon, but I’m sure nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice would go well with it to.
- • 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- • 2 tsp baking powder
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • 2 tbsp sugar
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 2 cups of dairy free milk
- • 1/3 cup of pumpkin
- • Substitute 2 cup of all-purpose flour for 2 cups of gluten free all-purpose flour + ½ tsp of Xanthan Gum
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix dairy free milk, vanilla, & pumpkin.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Grease skillet with dairy free margarine or cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown.