Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Tasteful *For Gluten Free option see end note
I was really excited when I tried this recipe and it worked! They are delicious and the best part is you can eat the dough with no worry because there is no egg in the dough. It is sturdy enough to make cutouts. This dough is so versatile that you can make in advance, wrapped it well in plastic wrap, put it in a freezer bag and freeze the dough. It defrosts and makes perfect cookies.
- • 2 sticks of dairy free margarine (make sure it’s a harder stick form of margarine such as Earth’s Balance or Fleischman’s unsalted margarine. Margarine in the tub tends to be a little softer. As always check the label to make sure it is dairy free.)
- • 1 cup of sugar
- • 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- • 2 tbsp of vinegar
- • 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- • 2 tsp baking soda
- • 1 tsp cream of tartar
- • ½ tsp salt
- • Substitute 2 ¼ cups of Gluten Free all-purpose flour + ½ tsp xanthum gum for 2¼ cups of flour
- Cream margarine and sugars.
- Add vinegar and vanilla to the margarine and sugar.
- In a separate bowl gently mix flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Add to the margarine mixture and mix just until a soft dough form.
- Do not over mix.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- This dough can be made the day before.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to ½ inch.
- Cut with cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Let stand for 1 minute and remove to cooling rack.