Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, Gluten Free and Tasteful
My son is allergic to dairy but really wanted to try whipped cream. We tried a couple of the soy whipped creams but they either didn’t taste good or after a few times the spray mechanism stopped working. They were also filled with a lot of preservatives. Here is an easy homemade dairy free whipped cream that he loves and it’s much healthier for him. It does have some coconut flavor so if you are not a fan add some more vanilla and powdered sugar.
- • 1 (13.5oz) can of coconut milk (not light or fat free)
- • 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- • 1 tbsp of powdered sugar
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Placing it in the refrigerator helps the coconut cream separate from the coconut water.
- Place it in a bowl and add vanilla.
- Start mixing with an electric mixer on high and add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat for 3 to five minutes, until you start to see peaks.
- It can be refrigerated but it hardens a bit.
- If placed in the refrigerator, whisk it before serving.