Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free and Tree nut free.
I have always loved granola bars, but when my soy allergy started it was really difficult to find one that tasted good and didn’t have some form of soy. So I decided to make my own and I was really excited when they came out of the oven. They are chewy and crunchy but most important delicious!
- • 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- • 3 tbsp of hot water
- • 1 cup of all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • 1/3 to ½ cup of granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- • 1 ¾ cup of gluten free rolled oats
- • 1 cup of gluten free puffed rice cereal
- • 2 tbsp honey
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • ½ cup of dairy free margarine or coconut spread melted
- • ½ cup of allergy free mini chocolate chips or raisins *optional
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
- In a small bowl combine flaxseed and hot water.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes. This will act as the egg.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, oats, sugar and rice cereal.
- Mix until combined.
- Add in honey vanilla, flaxseed mixture, and melted margarine.
- Mix until the batter is moist.
- Pour into a grease square pan and pat down to make sure it is even.
- Bake at 350 for 17 to 20 minutes.
- It will be slightly soft but will harden upon cooking.
- Slice in half and then into ten granola bars.