Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Tree Nut Free
My children love to have a glass of chocolate almond milk every morning, but most syrup on the market have high fructose corn syrup as a main ingredient or contain dairy. I decided to try making my own and I was so pleased. My kids prefer it over the store bought ones and you need a lot less to get the chocolate flavor. I bought a mason jar at a local craft store and keep it in the fridge. It only took 10 minutes to make.
- • ¼ cup brown sugar
- • 1 cup granulated sugar
- • 1 cup Cacao powder or Cocoa powder
- • 1 cup water
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • 2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugars, cacao powder, & salt, just until mixed.
- Add in water and vanilla and stir over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer.
- The mixture will start to stick to the spoon.
- Mixture will thicken a little more in the refrigerator.
- Use for chocolate dairy free milk, or as a topping on your favorite dairy free ice cream.