Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby! Inc.
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Nut Free *For Gluten Free option see end note
This brownie recipe has a similar taste to dark chocolate. It has half the sugar than most brownie recipes but it doesn’t need it. It’s got plenty of yummyness from the cocoa and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Top with your favorite dairy free ice-cream and it’s a perfect allergy free brownie sundae!
- • 1/2 cup dairy free margarine
- • 1 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- • 6 tbsp water
- • 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- • ¾ cup all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour*
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • ½ cup of granulated sugar
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/4 cup of applesauce
- • If using gluten free all purpose flour, add 1/4 tsp xanthum gum or guar guar gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8×8-in pan.
- In a small sauce pan melt the margarine & chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl combine flaxseed and hot water and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl mix unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add in applesauce, vanilla, flaxseed mixture and melted chocolate.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool thoroughly and cut into squares.