Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!
Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Nut Free *For Gluten Free option see end note
I’m always looking for recipe ideas and what the food allergy community is looking for. A friend of mine has a daughter with food allergies who really wanted crumb cake. So I went for it and boy am I glad I did! It is now my favorite cake. Perfect to bring to a get together or just for a treat with the family. It’s got a lot of crumbs so if you aren’t a fan cut the topping recipe in half. Enjoy!
- • 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- • 2 tsp baking powder
- • 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- • 1/2 cup dairy free margarine
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • ¼ cup applesauce
- • ½ tsp vanilla extract
- • ¾ cup of dairy free milk
- • ½ cup brown sugar
- • ¼ cup sugar
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • ½ tsp baking powder
- • 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour or Gluten Free all purpose flour
- • 1 cup coconut oil or dairy free margarine
- • Substitute 1 ½ cups of Gluten Free all-purpose flour +3/4 tsp Xanthan gum for 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one 9-inch spring form pan
- Mix all the ingredients for the topping with a paddle, until they resemble crumbs
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and DF margarine
- Add vanilla, DF milk, & applesauce
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder, & salt
- Add flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix just until combine.
- Pour the batter into the pan
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the crumbs are firm