Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Egg Free and Vegan
I had been hearing a lot of people freezing bananas and sticking them into the food processor to substitute as ice cream. But when I tried it the flavor was too intense since the bananas are very ripe and it wasn’t creamy enough. My kids wouldn’t touch it. So with my kids next to me, we decided to add dairy free milk and of course allergy free chocolate chips. The kids literally went bananas for it. There is no added sugar. Three easy ingredients and no cooking. My kid’s love pulsing the food processor and making their own ice cream.
- * 3 frozen ripe bananas (brown spots)
- * 1/2 cup of dairy free milk
- * 1/4 cup of allergy free mini-chocolate chips *optional
- Freeze 3 ripe bananas with the skin off in a freezer safe bag
- Place frozen bananas in a food processor and blend until the consistency of ice cream
- Add 1/2 cup dairy free milk and blend until combined. It will now have a soft serve consistency.
- Stir in allergy free chocolate chips
- Place in a freezer safe container and refreeze to the consistency of your liking. (I put it back in for 2 hours)
- Scoop out and enjoy!
Calories and fat are approximate.