Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, & Vegan
Risotto used to be one of my favorite dishes to order at Restaurants. Most of the time it’s loaded with cheese, cream and butter. This Allergy Free version uses vegetable broth to make the rice creamy and with great seasoned mushrooms and asparagus it’s not lacking for flavor. It’s a bit of work, but when you want restaurant quality food at home look no further!
- 1 lb Baby Bella mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup of chopped asparagus
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves split
- 1 onion split
- 1/4 cup olive oil split
- 1 1/2 cups Aborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 5 cups veggie broth
- Saute mushrooms, asparagus, onion, garlic, & parsley in 2 tbsp olive oil until veggies have softened.
- Put veggies aside.
- In a large pot at 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 chopped onion & Aborio rice and cook over medium high heat until rice is opaque. (about 3 minutes)
- Add 1/4 cup white wine to the rice and cook, stirring occasionally until absorbed
- Add 1 cup of broth, bring to boil over medium high heat then lower to medium heat. Stir occasionally, until absorbed.
- Continue to add broth 1 cup at a time stirring until broth is absorbed
- Rice is done when softened but slightly firm
- Stir in vegetable mixture