Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, , Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Nut Free
It’s BBQ time. Here’s a perfect refreshing summer drink. It’s a twist on the traditional Mojito. Usually they are made with club soda and a lot of sugar. I’ve taken the sugar down to two tablespoons. Added watermelon and came up with a Mojito that is great with or without the alcohol. Made in five minutes it’s great when entertaining people.
- * 2 cups watermelon
- * 30-35 mint leaves
- * 3 1/2 cups Lemon Seltzer
- * 1/4 cup lime juice
- * 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- * 2 tbsp water (optional)
- * 3/4 cup light rum
- Add mint leaves and watermelon to a pitcher and press with a muddler or wooden spoon until the watermelon is dissolved
- Add lemon seltzer, lime juice and stir
- If adding sugar, place sugar and water in a pot a stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add dissolved sugar and rum to the pitcher if using.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!