Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, Nut Free & Vegan!
I love butternut squash. There are so many ways you can cook it. One of my favorites is this soup. It’s definitely a comfort food. It’s got sweet and savory happening at the same time. Its really fast and simple to make. Perfect for a fall or winter evening.
- • 1 ½ lbs butternut squash
- • 1/2 onion chopped
- • 1 apple
- • 1 clove of garlic
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 2 ¾ cup vegetable stock (make sure it’s gluten free)
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • 1/8 tsp ginger
- • salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 425.
- Place butternut squash on a cookie sheet and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Cook at 425 for 35 minutes or until tender.
- Over medium heat sauté onions, garlic, apple and 1 tbsp olive oil for about 5 to 7 minutes or until apple is tender.
- Pour the roasted butternut squash and apple mixture into a food processor.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Puree all the ingredients.
- Slowly add vegetable stock.
- Pour into a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 2 to 3 minutes.