Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby! inc
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free & Nut Free
Spring is almost here and on those rainy days sometimes I just want something comforting. This soup is pretty fast to make. The most time consuming thing is forming the meatballs. The meatballs cook right in the broth. It’s a simple soup that looks pretty fancy. My kids even ate it, (without the escarole) I just added star pasta to theirs. I made this quickly in the morning and reheated right before dinner.
- Allergy Free Meatball recipe minus sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups broth
- 2 cups of chopped Escarole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- favorite allergy free pasta optional
- Make the meatballs as per the recipe without cooking. Set aside on a plate.
- In a large pot, saute onion, celery, & garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add broth and bring to a boil
- Add meatballs and escarole.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through
- Add favorite allergy free pasta upon serving or just eat as is. Either way it’s great!