Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, and Nut Free
When it’s cold outside, sometimes you need a little comfort. This soup is perfect for that. It has the base flavor of a chicken soup, but it’s creamy. Completely dairy free and you wouldn’t know it. Perfect to help fight a cold or just stay warm.
- 1 lb sliced leek
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb cubed red potatoes
- 4 cups of allergy free vegetable or chicken broth
- Split and wash the leeks well. Use only the white and light green parts
- In a large saucepan, combine leeks, chopped carrots, chopped onion, chopped celery. Saute until the onions are glossy.
- Add potatoes, and broth
- Bring to a boil
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour
- Transfer to a blender and puree.
- Reheat soup for 3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste