Recipe by Allergy Free Cooking, Baby!, Inc.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free & Tree nut Free
I have always had a soy allergy, but last week I was diagnosed with a milk, egg, chocolate and banana allergy. I needed to bake something so that I didn’t feel deprived and I created this pumpkin bread recipe. I tested it with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free all purpose flour and was so excited when it came out of the oven. I love it as is, but my family enjoys it toasted with allergy friendly Earth’s Balance spread.
- • 2 1/2 cups of Gluten Free all purpose flour or all purpose flour
- • 3 tsp baking powder
- • 1 tsp baking soda
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 2 tsp of cinnamon
- • ½ tsp nutmeg
- • ½ tsp clove
- • ¼ tsp ginger
- • 1 cup of sugar ( I prefer Organic Cane Sugar)
- • ¼ cup of applesauce
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • ¾ cup water
- • ½ cup of oil of your choice
- • 1 16oz can of pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a standard loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl add all of the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon,nutmeg, clove, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Once mixed add the rest of the ingredients, water, pumpkin puree, vanilla, applesauce, and oil. Mix just until moist.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Enjoy as is or toast it and add your favorite spread.